Thursday, August 19, 2010

No Matter Where You Are

So I have been back for a little while and since I've been back from the Dominican, I have been to West Virginia, Washington DC, Kansas, Missouri, and Atlanta, GA. Along with driving from MO to WVA in a car. I have been a world traveler this summer, and I hope to keep it up. I have been real busy, and I apologize for waiting so long to get this up.
After being home and going to numerous doctor appointments and playing rounds of golf and everything else I've done since being home, I've began to get back into the swing of things here in America. But as I've had time to think about everything and realize that there is a whole world out there that needs people like me and you out there to help. Maybe not there right next to them, but in a way that they will never forget. Financially, through donations, through one week stints anywhere in the world. You all can help, even if you are a college student like myself with hardly anything to give financially. God has gifted each of us with something that we can contribute to this world that he has created.
So sitting here on my couch watching my flatscreen, I want to call you all to action. I understand my last blog did the same thing, but now I have resources that you can use to do so. Akele and I (one of my best friends from Jaibon) have started up a Hero Team. This is a team that will go to help out the orphanage in Jaibon. Anything you donate through our fund will go to them and support their daily needs, and continue to make their life better there. Here is the link (http://www.orphanage-outreach.org/hero/) Search the Mendrala/Parnell fund, and then it is very easy from there. You can donate online with a card, or I can find out a way for you to get the money in via check. If you have questions with any of this, please email me at Jmendrala@gmail.com.
Also, I have partnered with World Vision which is an organization that helps prevent poverty all over the world. I have decided to sponsor a child in Columbia named Jesus, and I would encourage all of you to do the same. At the very least, I would encourage you all to check out their site and their literature. Here is their website, www.worldvision.org
Also, last but not least, I have finally POSTED PICTURES!!! There are on a website, and here it is... The last link, I promise! http://josephmendrala.shutterfly.com/


I hope that you all feel something in your heart. Before going to the orphanage outreach page to donate, take a look at my pictures, and look at the joy in those boys and girls' faces. They all have a huge place in my heart and I hope that you can see that as well. Orphanage Outreach has changed my life, and has altered my outlook on what life looks like. I hope that you all have seen that through my blog, and though talking with me. I truly feel that God has called us all to be responsible for our neighbors here on earth. Whether they live 20 yards from us, or 2000 miles, we are all inhabitants of this earth, and are all deserving of a full life. I pray that you all can help support Orphanage Outreach or World Vision. Both are incredible organizations that are doing all they can to help this planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment